The Royal Family sent a “very intentional message” by not getting in touch with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their eighth wedding anniversary, it has been claimed. The couple celebrated their anniversary on Tuesday, with Meghan sharing a number of previously unseen wedding photos to mark the occasion.
Their relations with the Royal Family remain strained and a source has claimed no royals attempted to congratulate them.
“There was no phone call, no private message, no peace offering — absolutely nothing,” a source told Rob Shuter in his Naughty But Nice Substack.
“The silence was very intentional.”
Wedding photos shared by Meghan to her 4.5 million Instagram followers included shots of the couple dancing and grinning and Sir Elton John performing.
She later shared a video of Harry — with help from Archie and Lillibet — singing “happy anniversary” and holding a cake with candles in it.
Meghan said the cake was lemon and elderflower — the same flavours the couple chose for their wedding cake on May 19 2018.
This is a live blog. Please follow below for updates.

